Just like many other beauty services out there, when it comes to waxing, there is a do it yourself option. Before you decide whether professional waxing or DIY waxing it the right option for you, you need to be fully aware of the pros and cons of each option.
- Cheaper than paying for a professional to do it
- Ideal if you aren’t comfortable showing your body/hairy area to anyone
- Can be done when it suits you best
- Easy to miss patches
- The wrong products can be ineffective (here’s a list of effective waxing products)
- Too painful to do yourself
You can avoid some of these cons by getting a friend or family member to help you out. There are many DIY waxing tutorials and videos online that you can look up to help you through the process and decrease the chance of not doing it properly.
- Done by a skilled and certified expert
- Quality, effective wax is used
- Can be combined with other beauty treatments
- Have to bare your hairy area to another person
- More expensive than DIY waxing
- Might take time to find a technician you are comfortable with
What we recommend
Just like most beauty therapy treatments, it’s always best to leave it to the professionals! If you don’t have the skill, pain tolerance or patience to wax yourself, we recommend you book in with a local waxing technician. They are trained in what they do, and know exactly what needs to be done to provide an effective treatment (including applying and stripping the wax the correct angle/way).
When you need to go about finding a waxing technician for your treatment, there’s a few ways you can go about it. The first is that you can ask friends, family and colleagues if there is anyone they can personally recommend. Word of mouth always gives great results. The other option is to do some research online – check out reviews, testimonials and all about the beauty salon before you book in.